Monday, May 30, 2011

News of the World

Lots of good things happening here at HofUK.
Fer example:

I will not, I repeat NOT, be in college this summer, I get some time to work on the house and play with the children. Swimming, any one?

I have three events to work this summer for a total of 14 days. The money for this is so good, I am embarrassed to say it out loud, or type for that matter. Not so embarrassed that I can't take it, but I don't want to say it. (The fact that every penny of it will go to the tax man pisses me off to no end, but why ruin a perfectly good blog post?)

Next year I am teaching a class that will finally allow me to use my undergraduate degree from 16 years ago- it's about damn time.

And the best, very best news???? My son, The Marine, will be home for several weeks, maybe the whole summer, having decided not to re-enlist, but to go on to college. YAY!!! It's hard to believe that my 18 year old boy went away, but a 22 year old man will be coming back. He has grown a lot, learned alot, made some very good friends. He makes me proud to be his mother

1 comment:

Mrs. Who said...

Lots of good things happening for you...but the best news is about your son! We're just excited that our is getting stationed stateside after 2 years overseas!